Sunday, June 01, 2008

Permit and Forbid

“I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven” (Matthew 16:19).

Throughout the history of God’s people we often read that those whom He chooses to lead are not always the same kinds of people that we would choose to lead. Sometimes they have hot tempers, questionable character, and checkered pasts.

How many of us are in charge of something or have been given responsibility for something very valuable, and the idea of you or me being responsible for it surprises us? The world is full of people who are in charge whom you and I would be quick to judge and say, “I can’t believe that person i is charge.” I heard one pastor say with a nasty attitude, “They will send anyone to seminary nowadays, even those who have been in prison.”

To read the rest, go to www.flocksdiner.com.

No comments: