Saturday, July 26, 2008

An Atheist Responds

On October 4, 2007 I posted an article titled “God Is Not A Babysitter” at www.flocksdiner.com.

The gist of the post had to do with the absence of God in the world. An atheist picked up on the article and posted a response on his own website. It may be a good idea for some of you to read his response and consider the heart of his words. The true heart of an atheist or agnostic is often (not always) a desire to know the truth.

For the last two years, I have had the privilege of studying with a couple of agnostics. It is one thing to preach to and teach a room full of believers, and an entirely different thing to discuss the things of God with those who don’t believe in God. I will tell you that I have been so challenged by the interaction I have had with non-believers that I have learned as much from them (through the studies I underwent in response to their doubts) as I have from theological professors.

If you want to read the response to my article by this atheist, you can click on the link at thechapel.wordpress.com/2008/07/25/need-a-babysitter-dont-call-god. That article will also connect you to my article.

May we all bless God today.

Johnny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johnny - thanks for the link and your respectful words about my post. Your attitude is a refreshing change from the rude, self-righteous Christian trolling that seems to appear at many atheist blogs.

This is off track, but I liked your site's old decor. I'm sorry you switched to one of Blogger's boilerplate templates. :(

This is even more off-track, but I'm a she, not a he.

Anonymous said...

Oh, okay, I get it. You still have the other decor at another location. My bad.