Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Why?

There is a time in every person's life when we just have to ask, "WHY?" Why are we? Why do we? Why have we? Why did we? Why will we?

I was walking around a Supercuts today, which used to be a bank. The old drive thru tellers are still there, but I could tell they were from the 80's.

Ella walked around the old machine where people would drive up and put their money or whatever in a big plastic tube, which was then sucked up into a vacuum. For her, it meant nothing.

For me, it was a mark, a step, a yesterday. Sometimes I get really tired of yesterdays and all I want to do is see right now. Life seems to be nothing but memory making moments. I can’t quite get to the next minute and then suddenly I’m past it.

Sometimes I just want to scream out, “STOP! Let me look at you for a moment." I want a chance to stare life in the face. I want to stare at it just like staring closely at a leaf and noticing all its specks and lines. When do we get to just take some time to look at life and enjoy the beauty of it?

"Why?" may be the wrong question. Maybe there is no question.
Who knows? Hey! Maybe "Who Knows?" is the question.

Forever wondering,
Johnny

1 comment:

Bret said...

Interesting thoughts. Even stopping is moving. I guess we really never stop. Stopping then, is not moving toward God, or maybe not moving into or toward His purpose. But we’re always moving. Moving toward “what?” could be the question.